While it’s easy to forget classic products like Vaseline because we are busy obsessing over the latest products in beauty, let’s take a quick break and get back to basics. After more than 150 years in the beauty market, one might wonder why Vaseline still remains an essential item that every girl should have in her makeup bag? The answer is simple! Its uses are almost endless. But today we’re just going to explore 10 out of the many beauty uses of Vaseline…
1. KEEPS PERFUME FROM FADING: Rub a bit of Vaseline on the parts of your body where you would normally spray perfume like your wrists and behind your ears to make your perfume last longer.
2. REMOVE FALSE LASHES: If you wear faux lashes, you’ll know it can be quite tricky to get them off without pulling out your natural lashes along with it. Apply a bit of Vaseline on your lash line to help the falsies come off much easier.
3. ACHIEVE FLAWLESS MANICURE: Line the edges of your nails with Vaseline before you paint them. The jelly will keep polish from spreading outside your nail.
4. TAME UNRULY BROWS: If you have unruly eyebrows that never seem to stay in place, fix that by smoothing a bit of Vaseline over your arches. They won’t move all day long.
5. SOOTHE CRACKED HEELS: For those times when your feet feel super dry and flakey, spread some good ‘ol Vaseline on them before going to bed and cover with fuzzy socks. You’ll wake up with skin so soft that looks and feels like a pedicure.
6. WEAR PIERCED EARRINGS EASILY: I’m sure you know how much of a pain it can be to get earrings through the hole especially if you haven’t worn them in a while. Rub Vaseline on your lobes, and you’ll have a much easier time.
7. PROTECT YOUR SKIN FROM HAIR DYE: If you’re colouring your hair using a kit, apply a little Vaseline around your hairline to prevent the color from seeping into the skin around your forehead or ears.
8. HIGHLIGHT YOUR EYELIDS AND CHEEKS: Vaseline is a very affordable way to achieve the dewy look if you don’t have a highlighter handy. Just dab a bit of Vaseline on your brow bones, lids, or the apples of your cheeks and voila! you’ve got your glow.
9. PREVENT NAIL POLISH LIDS FROM DRYING SHUT: It can be frustrating when you favourite nail polish suddenly dries shut but not to worry, now you have totally avoid that. Spread Vaseline around the inside of the polish lid for easy opening the next time you want to use it.
10. DIY COLOURED LIP BALM: This is another cool Vaseline hack. You can make your own coloured lip balm. How? Mix a packet of Kool-Aid (like cherry!) or loose eye-shadow with a tablespoon of Vaseline and apply to your lips for a glossy red or frosty lip that lasts.
So yeah that’s it ladies! I hope you learned something new today? What other beauty uses of Vaseline do you know? Please share with us too!