Makeup that can last all day is almost every girl’s beauty dream especially if she has oily skin. Imagine not having to take your powder with you everywhere or having to blot your face before midday and ruining your makeup. Well, there’s good news. You can now achieve a long-lasting matte look with this one product I bet you already have at home.
Milk of Magnesia (MoM)!
Seriously, no jokes!
1) Apply moisturiser to your skin and wait for it to be fully absorbed.
2) Pour some of the MoM (preferably the original flavour) into a spray bottle for easy application and quantity control.
3) Shake well and spray sparingly on the areas of your face that tend to get oily e.g T-zone.
4) Use your clean hand to blend it in and allow to dry for 1-2 minutes. You may get white chalky residues on your face if you use too much. Just rub it off.
5) Apply foundation over the MoM and make sure to blend in properly to cover any of the white areas left on your face.
6) Finish up the rest of your makeup as normal.
Using Milk of Magnesia has dramatically reduced shine for me far more than any primer or oil-control product or powder. It keeps my face matte for long without me having to reapply my makeup.
NOTE: It’s not advisable to use MoM on dry skin to avoid further drying out and skin tightness. Also, I don’t recommend everyday use to prevent skin irritation and possible break outs.
WHERE TO BUY
Milk of Magnesia is available at your local drug stores.
Have you tried MoM has a primer? Did it work for you? What other products do you use to control face shine? Share with us!